I was browsing for Tortilla De Patata in Singapore's restaurant scene and found that it costs $42 to buy one! And here is how to make it!
Ingredients (for a 24cm Nonstick Frying Pan)
- 6 Large Eggs
- 3 Large Potatoes (Preferably Waxy, but any type is fine)
- 1 White Onion (Preferably, but Yellow Onion is fine too)
- 2 Garlic Clove
- Enough Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Beef Garum (Optional, only if you make it. Not available in Stores)
- Sweet Cai Poh (Optional, Preserved Radishes)
- Lao Gan Ma (Optional)
- Gather your equipment and ingredients.
- Low heat, preheat your olive oil in the pan.
- Chop the potatoes and onions. Smash garlic
- Drop garlic into oil to test the oil temperature, and then drop the onions and potatoes in
- Poach in olive oil, low heat for 20 to 25 mins.
- Strain the potatoes and onion mixture and drop into a big bowl with the eggs. You may keep the used olive oil for another use or normal cooking.
- Season the eggs mixture with salt, and pepper for traditional version. Add Caipoh and Beef Garum for our Global Classic version.
- Mix the egg with the potato mixture and rest for 15 mins. The mixture should become syrupy from the heat of the potatoes
- Cook on the frying pan. Medium high heat 1 min and 2 to 3 mins low heat. Exercise judgment on when to flip. You want to cook through about 40 to 50% here.
- Flip and continue for 1 min medium high heat and 2 mins low.
- Flip and serve.
- Add Lao Gan Ma chilli crisp for Global classic version.
If you enjoyed this, please subscribe to our youtube channel. Thanks so much. Do share it with your friends!