New to asian or chinese cuisine? We hope this is a good intro for you as we break down the key essence and pantry ingredients to get you started with chinese cooking.
We also share with you how to use these ingredients to make a simple steam fish sauce for a glorious, silky soft meats of a properly done steamed fish. Enjoy!
- 3 Tablespoons of Light Soy sauce -
- 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil
- Couple slices of Ginger
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar
- chopped Spring Onion
- Score the fish if its thicker than 2 inches on the thickest part.
- Rub the fish with salt, inside and outside
- Prepare the steamer and heat till till vigorous steaming
- Steam fish on high heat
- Starting with 7 mins as a baseline
- Check for popped eyes and the flesh is soft at the thickest part through to the bone. It should be able to be lifted with just a spoon. If not continue steaming until it is so.